NAG Rules and Policies
We are up with commitment to providing a secure and fair marketplace for our buyers and sellers. To support this commitment, we have put in place rules and policies that govern our expectations of buyers and sellers, the actions we will take to keep you safe, and how we will protect you if something goes wrong.
Account holds, restrictions, and suspensions
We never want to disrupt someone from using the National Art Gallery ecommerce platform, but to protect our community we may occasionally restrict or suspend accounts if we are concerned about fraud or other negative impacts to our members.
If your account is on hold, restricted, or suspended, we will send an email to your registered email address explaining why. We will also let you know what you need to do before it can be reinstated.
User Privacy Notice:
This Privacy Notice was posted on 8th October, 2018. It is effective immediately for new users, and for all other users.
User Privacy Notice:
If you have an unresolved privacy or data use concern that we have not addressed satisfactorily, please contact us. The National Art Gallery Livingstone is committed to your privacy. This privacy notice explains our collection, use, disclosure, retention, and protection of your personal information.
This privacy notice applies to the National Art Gallery website, application, service, or tool (collectively “Services”) where this privacy notice is referenced, regardless of how you access or use them, including through mobile devices.
This privacy notice also applies to the provision of the National Art Gallery services through any national art gallery website, application, service, or tool where it is referenced and where your listings and their content are published or advertised in accordance with the terms of this privacy notice.
We may amend this privacy notice at any time by posting the amended version on this site including the effective date of the amended version. We will announce any material changes to this privacy notice through the National Art Gallery email.
Personal information we collect:
What is personal information?
Personal Information is information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person. An identifiable natural person is one who can be identified, directly or indirectly, by reference to an identifier such as a name, an identification number, location data, an online identifier, or to one or more factors specific to the physical, physiological, genetic, mental, economic, cultural or social identity of that natural person.
We do not consider personal information to include information that has been anonymised or aggregated so that it can no longer be used to identify a specific natural person, whether in combination with other information or otherwise. We collect personal information from you when you use our Services.
Personal information you give us when you use our Services or register for an account with us;
- Identifying information such as your name, addresses, telephone numbers or email addresses when you register for an account with us.
- Buying, or selling information you provide during a transaction, or other transaction-based content that you generate or that is connected to your account as a result of a transaction you are involved in.
- Other content that you generate, or that is connected to your account (such as adding items to your basket, adding items to your Watch List, creating collections, and following other collections and sellers).
- Financial information (such as credit card or bank account numbers) in connection with a transaction.
- Postage, billing and other information used to purchase or send an item, as well as, where postal services are provided through one of our programs, information required to clear customs (such as Tax ID or other identification numbers) and relevant postage information (such as tracking numbers and tracking updates).
- In some instances, when you use our services, you may provide age, gender, interests and favorites.
- Additional information we are required or authorized by applicable national laws to collect and process in order to authenticate or identify you or to verify the information we have collected.
Personal information we collect automatically when you use our Services or register for an account with us;
- We collect information about your interaction with our services, your advertising preferences, and your communications with us. This is information we receive from devices (including mobile devices) you use when you access our services. This information could include the following: Device ID or unique identifier, device type, ID for advertising, and unique device token.
- Location information, including location information from your mobile device. Keep in mind that most mobile devices allow you to control or disable the use of location services by any application on your mobile device in the device’s settings menu.
- Computer and connection information such as statistics on your page views, traffic to and from the sites, referral URL, ad data, your IP address, your browsing history, and your web log information.
Personal information collected from other sources:
Social Media: We allow you to share information with social media sites, or use social media sites to create your account or to connect your account with the respective social media site. Those social media sites may give us automatic access to certain personal information retained by them about you (e.g., content viewed by you, content liked by you, and information about the advertisements you have been shown or have clicked on, etc.). If you provide us with access to any site with video content, then you agree that we can share your video viewing with, or obtain information about your video viewing from, third-party social media sites for at least two years or until you withdraw authorization or connection to the social media site. You control the personal information you allow us to have access to through the privacy settings on the applicable social media site and the permissions you give us when you grant us access to the personal information retained by the respective social media site about you. By associating an account managed by a social media site with your account and authorizing us to have access to this information, you agree that we can collect, use and retain the information provided by these social media sites in accordance with this privacy notice. We may also use plug-ins or other technologies from various social media sites. If you click on a link provided via a social media plug in, you are voluntarily establishing a connection with that respective social media site.
If you give us personal information about someone else, you must do so only with that person’s authorization. You should inform them how we collect, use, disclose, and retain their personal information according to our privacy notice.
How we use your personal information:
We use your personal information to provide and improve our Services, provide you with a personalised experience on our sites, contact you about your account and our Services, provide you customer service, provide you with personalised advertising and marketing, and to detect, prevent, mitigate and investigate fraudulent or illegal activities.
We use the personal information we collect from you for a range of different business purposes and according to different legal bases of processing. The following is a summary of how and according to which legal bases we use your personal information.
We use your personal information to fulfill a contract with you and provide you with our Services, to comply with our legal obligation, protect your vital interest, or as may be required for the public good. This includes;
- To provide payment processing and account management, operate, measure and improve our Services, keep our Services safe, secure and operational, and customize site content that includes items and services that you may like in response to actions that you take.
- To contact you regarding your account, to troubleshoot problems with your account, to resolve a dispute, to collect fees or monies owed or as otherwise necessary to provide you customer service.
- When contacting you for such purposes as outlined above, we may contact you via email, telephone, SMS/text messages, postal mail, and via mobile push notifications.
With your consent, we may use your personal information to;
- Provide you with marketing via telephone calls, SMS or text.
- Provide you with marketing from other NAG corporate family members.
- Use your precise geo-location to provide location based services.
- Use your sensitive personal information to facilitate transactions in certain categories.
Your choices about how we use your personal information:
You have choices about how we use your personal information to communicate with you, to send you marketing information, how we provide you with customized and relevant advertising, and whether you want to stay signed into your account.
Ways you can access, control, and correct your personal information:
We respect your right to access, correct, request deletion or request restriction of our usage of your personal information as required by applicable law. We also take steps to ensure that the personal information we collect is accurate and up to date.
- You have the right to know what personal information we maintain about you
- We will provide you with a copy of your personal information in a structured, commonly used and machine readable format on request
- If your personal information is incorrect or incomplete, you have the right to ask us to update it
Access, correction, and deletion of your personal information:
You can see, review and change most of your personal information by signing in to your account. Please, update your personal information immediately if it changes or is inaccurate. Keep in mind, once you make a public posting, you may not be able to change or remove it.
If you request that we stop processing some or all of your personal information or you withdraw (where applicable) your consent for our use or disclosure of your personal information for purposes set out in this privacy notice, we might not be able to provide you all of the Services and customer support offered to our users and authorized under this privacy notice and our User Agreement. Upon your request, we will close your account and remove your personal information from view as soon as reasonably possible, based on your account activity and in accordance with applicable national laws.
How we might share your personal information:
We may disclose your personal information to the following parties for the following purposes:
Service Providers and financial institutions partners as follows;
- Third party service providers who help us to provide our Services, payment processing services, assist us in providing customize advertising, to assist us with the prevention, detection, mitigation, and investigation of potentially illegal acts, violations of our User Agreement, fraud and/or security breaches, bill collection, affiliate and rewards programs, co-branded credit cards and other business operations.
- Third party financial institutions with whom we partner to offer financial products to you, for them to provide joint content and services (such as, registration, transactions and customer support). These third party financial institution partners will use your personal information to send you marketing communications only if you have requested their services
- Third party shipping providers (e.g., DHL, FEDEX, One World Logistics etc.) with whom we share delivery address, contact information and shipment tracking information for the purposes of facilitating the delivery of items purchased and other delivery related communications
Law enforcement, legal proceedings, and as authorized by law;
- To comply with our legal requirements, enforce our User Agreement, respond to claims that a listing or other content violates the rights of others, or protect anyone’s rights, property or safety.
- To law enforcement or governmental agencies, or authorized third-parties, in response to a verified request or legal process relating to a criminal investigation or alleged or suspected illegal activity or any other activity that exposes us, you, or any other of our users to legal liability. We will only disclose information we deem relevant to the investigation or inquiry, such as name, city, state, postcode, telephone number, email address, User ID history, IP address, fraud complaints, bidding and listing history.
We may disclose your personal information to FloCash Inc. and its corporate family;
- To prevent, detect, mitigate, and investigate potentially illegal acts, fraud and/or security breaches, and to assess and manage risk, including to alert you if fraudulent activities have been detected on your FloCash account.
- To provide customer services, including to help service your account or resolve disputes (e.g., billing or transactional disputes).
- To facilitate the processing of payment cards when you pay within our Services with a payment card and we use FloCash to process your payment.
- To facilitate shipping and related services for purchases you made using FloCash.
How do we protect your personal information?;
- We protect your personal information using technical and administrative security measures to reduce the risks of loss, misuse, unauthorized access, disclosure and alteration. Some of the safeguards we use are firewalls and data encryption, physical access controls to our data centers, and information access authorization controls.
The Buyer must inform us within 48 hours of receipt in case of any problem.
We are unable to offer replacement of original artwork, if defect is due to our packaging. However, we may probably offer alternative artwork by the same Visual artist or a full refund. Also, if you are not satisfied due to some other reason, we accept a return and offer a refund of the item price, shipping charges not refundable in this case. Return shipping charges to be paid by buyer. We will try our best to resolve problems, and request your patience and understanding.
We cannot be reliable for damages and losses caused by our shipping partners, but we will try to support you in resolving the issue.
We accept the following Cards:
VISA, MasterCard, Maestro, AMERICAN EXPRESS, Union Pay.